The Role: Document Control Specialist
Cerilon is growing, and we’re searching for a Document Control Specialist. Cerilon’s Document Control Specialist must be experienced, collaborative, and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment. We are mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. Cerilon is an energetic, entrepreneurial, and environmentally focused organization. We thrive on working with people who want to make a difference, can support change, are comfortable with risk, and be part of something bigger than themselves.
Reporting to the Vice President of Project Services, the Document Control Specialist electronically manages documents and records of the company. The Document Control Specialist will be up to date with document management processes and have a detail-oriented mindset. Further, the Document Control Specialist will have an extensive understanding of document management software and be able to handle document access intaking and archiving responsibilities. This role will prepare, move, organize, and file all technical or commercial documents and ensure they comply with legal al and business regulations.
- Implementing established policies and procedures regarding document storage, sharing, transmission, and destruction.
- Ensuring the system’s security and integrity of master documents by implementing document and system access rights and revision controls.
- Ensuring the company complies with applicable laws and regulations regarding data security and document management.
- Consulting with other staff when assisting with assessing, acquiring, or deploying new electronic document management systems to ensure a smooth transition and minimal disruption.
- Identifying and numbering documents that come into the department or organization
- Using an electronic document management system (EDMS) such as SharePoint to index, store, issue
and retrieve a wide variety of document types (security, training records or engineering drawings)
- Preparing regular status reports on outcoming and incoming documents to assist teams in focusing
on outstanding actions.
- Converting paper documents to digital format by scanning them using software linked to the EDMS
- Reviewing documents, checking they comply with regulations, creating revisions and archiving outdated versions
- Distributing documents to the relevant people, departments, or organizations and letting them know when they need to act on a document as part of a process
- Creating master document templates and forms and training employees on how to use them
- Preparing and updating document control procedures for the company
- Making sure that departments are following the correct procedures in the document flow process
- Ability to proactively manage database changes using software management systems
- Following up on open action items with internal and external parties
- Performing other related duties as assigned
Required Skills & Abilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office 365 skills, including SharePoint, OneDrive, and Visio.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with the relevant regulations regarding document keeping and handling.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- Expertise in document capturing systems.
- Superb typing and report-writing skills.
- Time-oriented approach to handling queries and tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible to work outside regular office hours to ensure time-critical tasks are completed
Key Education & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, library management, or record management.
- 5 years’ experience in document management, archive management, or records management.
- At least three years of current, hands-on experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
If this sounds like you and you want to work in a VUCA environment, please submit your resume via Indeed only. We will be in touch to schedule an interview with suitable candidates only as the volume of resumes means we can’t connect with everyone
What is Cerilon?
Cerilon is a Canadian-based private corporate group with their affiliate Cerilon GTL, a mid-tier leader in the new frontier of Gas-To-Liquids (GTL) and carbon capture technologies, providing sustainable, transitional green energy pathways to a global net-zero ecosystem.
Partners of Cerilon GTL include top global energy companies, licensors, development, and technology providers all working together in a synergistic way to create sustainable solutions in carbon capture, sequestration, water, and energy management for state-of-the-art smart manufacturing facilities.
Cerilon GTL offers a cleaner and greener alternative with a portfolio of sustainable, environmentally friendly Gas-to-Liquids (GTL) energy products.