Project Planning Lead
Cerilon is growing and we’re searching for a Project Planning Lead to join our energetic, entrepreneurial, and environmentally-focused group. We thrive on working with people who want to make a difference, take a chance, and be a part of something bigger than themselves.
As Project Planning Lead with Cerilon, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a progressive and fast-paced group of professionals on Gas to Liquid and Infrastructure Projects. This position is based in our Calgary office. The role will be key in the development and monitoring of plans and schedules, baselines, activity progress, identification of trends and corrective/preventative actions to influence on-time delivery of project objectives. The Project Cost Lead will report to the VP Project Controls and will work closely with the execution team (PMT) and contractors on a day-to-day basis.
- Leads the establishment and maintenance of Planning and Scheduling standards, associated methodologies, strategies and systems for the project.
- Drives implementation of functional planning and scheduling strategies in all the project areas.
- Undertake the review of monthly contractor schedule updates.
- Oversee the roll-up of detailed Level 3 Schedule into owner Level 2 and Level 1 Schedules
- Leads implementation of functional planning and scheduling strategies.
- Develops and implements project-level dashboards to monitor the development and execution of the project.
- Facilitate and lead regular Schedule Risk Reviews
- Review Contractor schedule extension claims.
- Review Contractor schedule mitigation and acceleration plans.
- Review Contractor schedule quality.
- Assures quality and compliance of planning & scheduling deliverables.
- Review implementation of contractor’s systems and tools and their compliance against contractual requirements.
- Leads in the identification and implementation of improvement initiatives, including programmatic developments.
- Provide planning and scheduling expertise as input to value improvement practices.
- Leads implementation of corporate and project-wide standards, frameworks, processes, and systems for Planning & Scheduling.
- Lead the implementation of functional strategy for the project such as interactive planning sessions to optimize the project.
- Reports project-level initiatives upwards to senior leaders.
- Provides planning and scheduling expertise as input to value improvement practices.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry, with the primary focus on project controls, planning, scheduling, change management, risk management and reporting.
- Minimum of 10 years in senior/lead Scheduler roles on projects over $1B.
- Relevant post-secondary education in Engineering, Construction Management, Commerce, Business, and/or Trades is considered an asset.
- Project Management or Project Controls Certification is also an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership in planning and scheduling for large oil & gas projects.
- Hands-on experience in using schedule and schedule risk software; (Primavera P6 and Pertmaster) is a must.
- Strong stakeholders (internal & external) engagement and communication.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills to solve problems in a collaborative manner.
- Ability to create strong working relationships and comfortable reporting to senior & executive management.
- Ability to work hands-on with a small skilled team and effectively utilize contractor resources.
- Adaptable and able to work effectively in a team environment and consistently maintain a professional and respectful demeanour/attitude with co-workers, financiers, contractors, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, required.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks are essential.
- Proven ability to apply a fact-based approach to problem solve complex issues and find resolutions.
- Self-motivated yet able to take direction from Senior Management; work to agreed deadlines; focused attention on details.
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
Other Requirements and Information
- Based in Calgary, AB.
- Some travel may be required within Alberta and northern USA states.
- Limited site and/or project office work; may need to work from a home office.
- Flexible workweek; may need to work on some weekends to meet deadlines.
- Average of 20 hours per week commitment; may fluctuate based on project requirements.
We invite all interested candidates to apply via Indeed:
The Cerilon Group is a Canadian-based private corporate group with their affiliate Cerilon GTL, a mid-tier leader in the new frontier of Gas-To-Liquids (GTL) and carbon capture technologies, providing a sustainable, transitional green energy pathway to a global net-zero ecosystem.
Partners of Cerilon GTL include top global energy companies, licensors, development, and technology providers all working together in a synergistic way to create sustainable solutions in carbon capture, sequestration, water, and energy management for state-of-the-art smart manufacturing facilities.
Cerilon GTL offers a cleaner and greener alternative with a portfolio of sustainable, environmentally friendly Gas-to-Liquids (GTL) energy products.